Alberta has revealed the details of a draw that took place on January 8. This is the first draw the province has held in 2021, the last draw being in June 2020.
In its first Express Entry draw since June, Alberta has issued invitations to 50 candidates to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Eligible candidates had valid Express Entry profiles and CRS scores of at least 406.
What is Alberta Express Entry?
Unlike many provincial nominee programs, Alberta Express Entry does not require candidates to have a completed profile on a provincial immigration system. All candidates need to be considered for Alberta Express Entry is to have a valid Express Entry profile with IRCC and meet the minimum selection criteria for the program.
Minimum selection criteria for Alberta Express Entry
Alberta Express Entry applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
- Are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification, and
- Have a minimum CRS score of 300.
Bonus selection factors
Candidates who meet the minimum selection factors for Alberta Express Entry, and have any or all of the following will have an increased likelihood of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:
- A job offer from an Alberta employer and/or previous work experience in the province
- A graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- A close family relative that is currently living in Alberta: parent, child, brother and/or sister