On June 23rd, 2021, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) held its first Human Capital Priorities draw in over two months.
Ontario’s draw today targeted Express Entry candidates with CRS scores within the range of 464-467; those selected also had their primary occupation indicated as one of the following NOC codes:
- 0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0125 Other business services managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 1112 Financial and investment analysts
- 1121 Human resources professionals
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
What is Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream?
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream is aligned with the Express Entry system. This means that they invite qualifying candidates directly from the Express Entry pool. In addition to meeting the requirements to submit an Express Entry profile, candidates must also have at least a Bachelor’s degree to be considered. Candidates must meet both the program requirements and the draw requirements to receive an invitation to apply for nomination.
Ontario holds two types of draws under the Human Capital Priorities Stream: Tech Draws and Priority Occupation draws. Each draw targets a CRS range and a set of NOC codes. OINP may also target additional factors depending on the needs of the province. While the NOC codes for the Tech Draws remain consistent, the Priority Occupation NOC codes change in response to Ontario’s labour market demands.
Once a candidates receives a notification of interest on their Express Entry portal, they have 45 days to submit an application to Ontario through the province’s online portal. When submitting an online application, applicants must pay a non-refundable processing fee of $1,500CAD. Once a candidate receives a nomination from Ontario, an additional 600 points is added toward their CRS score, essentially guaranteeing an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in one of the subsequent Federal Express Entry draws.