In the second draw of the month, Manitoba’s provincial nominee program (MPNP) issued 181 invitations to apply. The total number of invitations issued by MPNP for the month of June is 305. This is the most invitations sent out by MPNP since March which could be a good sign that the province is recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic and getting back to business as usual.
MPNP SKILLED WORKERS IN MANITOBA
- Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 111
- Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 504
MPNP INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION STREAM
- Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 12
MPNP SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
- Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 58 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative
- Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 686
If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received a Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
- You have indicated that you have taken an approved language test to demonstrate your proficiency in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your Expression of Interest (EOI) or your language test results are expired
- You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
If either of the above-listed items apply to you, you are welcome to update and correct the information in your MPNP EOI to be considered for the next draw.
How to apply to MPNP
The MPNP program has several categories of immigration but all require that an applicant be registered with the province’s immigration system by submitting an expression of interest. If you are selected for MPNP because you are eligible under one of their program categories, Manitoba Immigration will provide you with a Letter of Advice to Apply. This is analogous to the Invitation To Apply that many other provinces provide.
Following that, if your application is approved, you can apply your PNP approval to your federal Express Entry profile and receive an additional 600 points, all but guaranteeing you a chance to submit a full application for Canadian permanent residence.