On 2nd February 2021, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) conducted its first draw targeting applicants under the Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
Dates of Express Entry profiles considered: February 2, 2020 to February 2, 2021
CRS score range: 466 and 467
Number of invitations: 283
How are draws conducted for the Human Capital Priorities stream?
Draws under this stream are held sporadically throughout the year. Last year, there were only 10 draws under the Human Capital Priorities stream, which saw a total of 6716 applicants invited to submit an application for nomination to the OINP. Unlike the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, applicants selected under the Human Capital Priorities stream must show work experience in a targeted occupation. This allows Ontario to use the Express Entry pool to selected applicants in response to any labour shortage of skilled workers, who in turn, will be more likely to successfully establish themselves in Ontario.
Who received an invitation in the last draw:
To receive an invitation from this latest draw, an applicant must have an active Express Entry profile, have a CRS score of 466 or 467 and have at least 1 year of work experience in last 5 years in one of the below targeted occupations. Only 283 applicants received a notification of interest from OINP in this latest draw.
Targeted occupations for this draw:
- 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0125 – Other business services managers
- 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- 1112 – Financial and investment analysts
- 1121 – Human resources professionals
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 4163 – Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
Applying to Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities stream
Applicants who received a notification of interest through their Express Entry portal must submit an application to Ontario via the OINP online portal within 45 days. Upon submission of the nomination application, applicants are required to remit a non-refundable processing fee of $1,500CAD. This processing fee is considerably higher than any other province and reflects the international demand for the OINP.
On receiving nomination from Ontario, candidates will receive an additional 600 CRS points, essentially guaranteeing their selection from the federal Express Entry system.